The Communications Coordinator (CC) position is responsible for coordinating and implementing strategies to communicate the institutional mission of Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary (WLS). The Communications Coordinator will craft key messages, communications, and publications for all audiences consistent with WLS’s strategic advancement initiatives. Special emphasis is given to informational/promotional/direct appeal writing and online publishing.
- Assess, formulate, and coordinate communications and public relations strategies, policies, and programs that will result in a greater awareness and understanding of the seminary’s mission.
- Work cooperatively with WELS Communication Services, WELS Ministry of Christian Giving, WELS Ministerial Education, and other synod stakeholders.
- Research, interview, and write for the seminary’s website, various social media platforms, direct mail pieces, and other communication pieces as needed. This includes seminary news, features, and promotional items.
- Provide assistance as needed for the seminary’s online presence. Ensure the sites are accurate, current, compelling, and attractive.
- Serve as a resource to all campus departments for writing assistance as requested.
- Attend seminary functions and events as needed.
- Assist with event planning and hospitality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible to the president.
- Works with the president to ensure proper tone and message on all external and internal communications.
- Works in a supporting role with the director of mission advancement.
- Works in a supporting role with the seminary’s webmaster and partners with faculty, staff, and students on a variety of tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A WELS member.
- A firm commitment to the mission of WLS and the WELS.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Computer skills, particularly word processing and WordPress.
- Good interpersonal relationship abilities, including strong written and oral communication skills.
- A team player.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- This is a part-time position with a workload of 30 hours a week.
- Starting wage is commensurate with abilities and experience.
To apply, please send resume to Brian Treichel at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 262-242-8103.