Here are the knowledge, skill, and attitude objectives and the core curriculum for those who wish to pursue the full S.T.M. (32 credits) or a certificate (16 credits) in the area of Leadership.
Knowledge, Skill, and Attitude Objectives
- The student will demonstrate his ability to articulate key teachings in Scripture that address touchstone spiritual leadership concepts.
- The student will demonstrate a confessional hermeneutical approach toward the Scriptures that will allow him to use the Bible as a teaching resource, guide, and curriculum for the advancement of spiritual, Christian leadership in his life and for his flock.
- The student will demonstrate an ability to identify and assess leadership paradigms from social scientific research.
- The student gives evidence of being able to lead and guide a thorough evaluation of his calling body’s ministry and how to put together a strategic plan for ministry that is based on that evaluation.
- The student will display a clear understanding of the theology of biblical stewardship as well as a clear ability to translate that understanding into concrete strategies for helping the souls in his care to grow as faithful stewardship of what God has entrusted to them.
Regularly Repeating Core Courses
- 1 Thessalonians: A Study in Leading a Mission-Focused Congregation
- This course also applies to the repeating core requirement for those focusing on Missiology & Evangelism
- A Confessional Lutheran Approach to Leadership for the 21st Century
- Congregational Assessment & Strategic Planning
- The Theology and Practice of Stewardship
- Pastoral Ethics from the Pastorals