Preaching and Worship
The knowledge, skill, and attitude objectives and core curriculum for those who wish to pursue the full STM (24 credits) or a certificate (12 credits) in the area of Preaching and Worship is in the process of being updated. Please read about the program changes here.
Knowledge, Skill, and Attitude Objectives
Regularly Repeating Core Courses
Examples of courses in the area of Preaching and Worship
- The Western Rite: Its History and Use in Our Churches
- Worship & Preaching That Celebrates the Liturgical Year
- Preaching Sanctification in Ways That Honor Gospel Predominance
- Preaching Christ from the Old Testament
- This course also applies to the repeating core requirements for those focusing on Biblical Theology: Old Testament.
- Freshness & Variety in Proclaiming Law & Gospel
- Imitating the Variety of Scripture in Sermonic Form and Structure
- Preaching in a Postmodern World
- The History of Preaching & Its Application to Proclaiming the Gospel in the 21st Century